Wednesday 12 May 2010

Me is s0cial h4ckin'

I have to admit - I am a stalker. I like to look what kind of things I can find around the web. Also this includes some tricks with so called "Joomla! features." But let's say I'm more advanced user and I know what and where to look.

Anyway... In my company we're looking for new people to hire. It's a funny process from the definition. I especially loved letter from one guy who wrote it in male and female gender. So kids... rule #1:
If you copy such letter from the web - check if you're the same sex as the original author.
But what do you do when you have name, mail a photo of a person. You look in the internet - Google, Facebook or some similar services. And so we did. I know that the awareness of what one is publishing is generally low, however...

Jesus frackin' Christ...

Private photos may be visible. From a party, holiday in Africa or even a picture of one's beloved cat. But not those where a girl looks like a hooker working next to the main road after at least 15 plastic surgeries (and believe me, one of the chicks who sent her CV to us had such pics in a public gallery) or where someone is totally wasted. Here comes rule #2:
If you want to share drunken-or-slutty pictures - think that you're future co-workers, mother-in-law or that old neighbour next door may see those. And we all know that kids are cruel. Especially those over 20.

I know that people are stupid and they share things like this (not to mention naked pics):


But seriously...

1 comment: